Are you eligible for a Skilled or Employer Sponsored Visa?

There are 2 main occupations lists used by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection for the purposes of skilled and employer sponsored migration.

1. Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
2. Short Term Skilled Occupations List (STSOL)

The use and applicability of each list depends on the specific visa type being applied for.

For example, if you have an occupation on the MLTSSL you may be eligible to apply for a Subclass 189 (Skilled Independent) Visa or a Subclass 485 (Skilled Graduate) Visa in the Graduate Work Stream. Occupations on this list are also eligible to be sponsored for a Subclass 457 (Temporary Work Skilled) Visa by an Australian employer for a period of up to 4 years with potential option to apply for permanent residence after 3 years.

Having an occupation on the short list may enable you to be sponsored by an Australian employer for a subclass 457 visa for a period of 2 years. If you have an occupation on either list and you have at least 3 years of employment experience an Australian business may be able to nominate you for a Subclass 186 (Employer Nomination Scheme) Direct Entry Stream visa. This is a permanent visa.

Here more information: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/work/work/skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists

If you have an occupation on one of the lists, it is best to seek advice from our Migration Agent to gain clarity regarding the options that this gives you. It is also essential to know all the other requirements you need to meet to be eligible for any visa subclass.

Contact Us