There have been some minor changes made to the skilled visa occupation lists as of today (17/1/2018). These changes do not affect applications that have already been lodged, only those which are yet to be lodged after today.
Occupations addedto the Short Term Skilled Occupations List
- Property Manager (ANZSCO: 612112) – caveat applies to this occupation*
- Real Estate Representative (ANZSCO: 612115)- caveat applies to this occupation*
- Psychotherapist (ANZSCO: 272314)
Occupations moved from the Short Term Skilled Occupations List to the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List
- Horse Breeder (ANZSCO: 121316) – caveat applies to this occupation*
- Management Consultant (ANZSCO: 224711) – caveat applies to this occupation*
Occupations removed completely from the Lists
- Building Associate (ANZSCO: 312112)
- Hair or Beauty Salon Manager (ANZSCO: 142114)
Occupations which have had caveat change (Caveats apply to all of these applications)
- Accommodation and Hospitality Managers nec* (ANZSCO: 141999)
- Management Accountant (ANZSCO: 221112)
- Massage Therapist (ANZSCO: 411611)
- Recruitment Consultant (ANZSCO: 223112)
- Supply and Distribution Manager (ANZSCO: 133611)
- Taxation Accountant (ANZSCO: 221113)
*When an occupation has a caveat on it, it means that the applicant can only apply if certain additional conditions are met. These vary according to the occupation. Examples include; minimum base salary levels, minimum turnover and employee numbers of the sponsoring employer, location of the position.
*nec means ‘not elsewhere classified’
If any of these changes affects you and you would like to know more please feel free to contact us to seek advice from our registered migration agent.