Working in Australia is usually one of the goals of our students, and this might have to do with the land Down Under that offers the employment picture with an unemployment rate of around 5% and one of the highest minimum wages in the world. There are many factors to consider when looking for a job in Australia but certainly what makes the difference is the candidate’s english level. The higher your language knowledge the better your chances of finding a job. And above all, you can apply for more attractive job positions.

WORKING HOLIDAY VISA ( subclass 417)

The Working Holiday visa (subclass 417) is a temporary visa for young people (must be between 18 and 30 years old)  who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to a year. It is a temporary visa that encourages cultural exchange and closer ties between Australia and eligible countries. It is the best opportunity to make an unforgettable life experience, saving some money and travel through the Australian territory.



If you intend to study in Australia, you will need to apply for the Student visa (subclass 500). This visa allows you to stay in Australia to study full-time in a recognized education institution.

There are 3 main training categories in the Australian Education system…




This kind of visas are generally oriented to more skilled jobs. The Sponsorship is achieved when a company bet on you and your work in a very specifically way. On the other hand the Skilled visa works making a minimum number or points that basically rely on your qualifications and work history. Here come into play the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) which is a list with the professions demanded by the Asturian government and are updated each year.